Delicious Cottage cheese and white chocolate cranberry cake with a twist.
This is a cake with vertical layers.
Trust me: It is much simpler to make than you might think. I won’t tell if you don’t 😉
I made biscuit/sponge dough because I love this. But you can replace it with butter dough. Find recipe. Butter dough is more firm and you get a little bit better layers.
My cake is juicy and because of chocolate is very sweet. Usually, I do not eat and like very sweet food. So, I added cranberry jam to balance the sweetness. Cottage cheese gives texture and little saltiness to complement all this sweet taste.
Did you know:
A common tradition on New Year’s Eve is “õnne valamine” or the ‘pouring of luck’. Lead is melted over a stove in a metal ladle and then poured quickly, or slowly into ice-cold water. What appears are interesting lead figures, which can then tell you your fortune for the upcoming year.
The Vertical Layer Cake with Cottage Cheese Chocolate Cream and Cranberry Filling. Kodujuustu- valge šokolaadi jõhvikakook
Delicious Cottage cheese and white chocolate cranberry cake with twist. This is a cake with vertical layers.
– 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoon flour
- 8 g gelatine (4 leaves )
- 120 g milk
- 200 g white chocolate
- 200 g 35% cream
- 150 g cottage cheese
- 200 g cowberry or cranberry sauce (without sugar)
- 50 g Vana Tallinn (Estonian Old Tallinn) liqueur
- 100 g water
- 100 g sugar
Chocolate and cottage cheese filling
Caramel elk moss for decoration: – elk moss
- Place eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat on high until eggs are light and pale yellow in colour (about five minutes). 2.. With the mixer running on medium speed, gradually add in the sugar,
- Carefully add in the flour
- Pour batter into the parchment-lined pan. Bake at 180 C for 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, place a baking paper on your workbench. Dust with powdered sugar.
- When cake is done baking, carefully invert the pan onto the prepared baking paper while the cake is still hot.
- Peel back the parchment from the cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- With the short side of the cake facing you, gently roll the warm cake in the paper. Set aside to cool. Cover with towel.
- Prepare gelatine. Heat the milk and melt gelatine in it.
- Add white chocolate and stir until the mixture becomes smooth and chocolate is melting.
- Whip the cream until firm. Add cottage cheese. Mix.
- Add cream mixture to the chocolate mixture gradually while stirring.
- Let set but not too long
- Evenly distribute the cranberry jam, mixed with liqueur and 2/3 of chocolate filling onto the cake and spread with a spatula.
- Continue to wrap the remaining strips of cake around the large cake. Trim ends to fit.
- Flip the cake roll on its side (so the flat part in on your workbench).
- Transfer to cake board and decorate with remaining cream, berries and caramel moss.
[gallery ids="12222,12223" type="rectangular"]
Prepare to fill Filling
15. Gently unroll the cake
[gallery ids="12224,12225,12226" type="rectangular" orderby="rand"]
17. Use a knife to slice cake lengthwise to create long strips of cake.
18. With the short side facing you, start to roll up one of the cakes with the filling. Take the first roll and match end-to-end with the next cake and continue to roll and wrap the cakes around.
[gallery ids="12227,12228" type="rectangular"]