This is very soft and crisp cake. Use the spoon for eating and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
This cake has only few ingredients and is an eggfree. Healthy and crispy oatmeal is combined with juicy apple cowberry sauce.
Oatmeal and Apple Bars. Kaerahelbe- õunakook.
oatmeal shortcrust pastry
– 300 g ( it is prox 4 glass) oatmeal
– 200 g butter
– 100 g sugar
– 2 tablespoon water
– salt, just little bit
Apple cowberry sauce 0,5 litre:
Find recipe here
1. Sift the oatmeal into a large bowl, add the cold butter and sugar, salt and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add some water and mix to a firm dough.
2. Wrap in cling film and chill 1/2- 1 hour while preparing the filling.
3. Roll the dough into thin sheet. Use flour when rolling,
4. Bake at 200 for 15 minutes
5. Cooled cake cut into half. Spread apple sauce. Cover with the other half. Sprinkle over with icing sugar or serve with whipped cream.