The great vegetable dish. This time I used salted mushroom .
As Estonia has an abundance of forest, we like to pick berries and mushrooms.
and for winter Mushrooms are marinated, or salted or fermented. Or dried
How to remove additional salt are a lot of tips.
My South Estonian relatives told me that they boiling salted mushroom in milk. And after that mushroom look and taste like a fresh.
Second option is to boil mushroom just in the water.
And the simplest one. Put mushroom to soak the night before.
Fresh chanterelle: The mushrooms are cleaned without water, with only a clean, dry towel and paring knife. Heat the chanterelle in a skillet without fat/butter until water has evaporated.
Frozen mushroom : melt, fry slightly.
Turnip and Mushroom Fritters. Kaalika- seenekotletid
A light vegetable dinner .
- 300 g turnip
- 150 g salted or fried mushroom, prepared and sliced
- 3 potatoes
- 2 tablespoon flour (or more)
- 1 egg
- pepper, nutmeg
- oil for frying
- Prepare mushroom. Let them swell and chop in to slices
- Cut vegetables in to small cubes and boil until soft. Mash vegetables and let cool.
- Mix together mushroom and vegetables and egg. Add flour. And season.
- Form the dough into fritters and fry on both sides with some oil until golden brown.