This summer was very warm. In May, June, July, August were hot, 30 C degrees. The Estonian climate is very humid, so warm feels hotter and cold is colder.
I love summer and it would be unfair to whine. But heat spill is that mushroom are not growing. Mushroom needs rain and humidity.
But now in September finally started to rain… 🙂
But still. It is not necessary to use wild mushrooms, this dish will be delicious with champignon as well 🙂
Potato and Mushrooms Casserole
A fresh, light, vegetable casserole recipe perfect for a dinner.
- for 20×20 cm casserole
- 200 g potatoes
- ca 200 g chanterelle.
- 1 onion. You can add more vegetables: tomato, capsicum, peas, beet root, carrot…
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 egg
- ca 250 ml milk
- ca 100 g white vine –salt, pepper, dill
- Fresh chanterelle: Heat the chanterelle in a skillet until water has evaporated. Frozen: melt, fry slightly.
- Mix together beaten egg and milk
- Put in to the casserole potato as a bottom layer, than mushrooms with vegetables and again potato as the upper layer 5.. Bake in to the oven 180 C convection ca 40-45 minutes.
1. Cut potato in to thin slices and boil in to a soft.
Add wine and sliced vegetables. Reduce wine, cook, while vegetable are half soft