This summer was very warm. In May, June, July, August was hot, 30 C degrees. The Estonian climate is very humid, so warm feels hotter and cold is colder.
I love summer and it would be unfair to whine. But heat spill is that mushroom is not growing. Mushroom needs rain and humidity.
But now in September finally started to rain… 🙂
But still. It is not necessary to use wild mushrooms, this dish will be delicious with champignon as well 🙂
Potato and Mushrooms Casserole
A fresh, light, vegetable casserole recipe perfect for a dinner.
- for 20×20 cm casserole
- 200 g potatoes
- ca 200 g chanterelle.
- 1 onion. You can add more vegetables: tomato, capsicum, peas, beetroot, carrot…
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 egg
- ca 250 ml of milk
- ca 100 g white vine –salt, pepper, dill
- Fresh chanterelle: Heat the chanterelle in a skillet until water has evaporated. Frozen: melt, fry slightly.
- Mix together beaten egg and milk
- Put into the casserole potato as a bottom layer, then mushrooms with vegetables and again potato as the upper layer 5.. Bake into the oven 180 C convection ca 40-45 minutes.
1. Cut a potato into thin slices and boil into a soft.
Add wine and sliced vegetables. Reduce wine, cook, while the vegetable is half soft