I have been used in all my posts word “blueberry” in meaning ” wild blueberry”. Now I read Aho blog and found out that right expression is bilberry?
In Estonia we are saying: “Heal lapsel mitu nime” – a good child has many names.
As I live in Estonia, Estonia is one of the greenest countries in the world: about 50% of Estonian territory is covered with forest.
I forage my berries by myself from forest. And use in recipes wild blueberries/ bilberries.
Picking fresh blueberries, your mouth and hands are pink, fresh air and high roaring pines… this is amazing. This is a summer.,
This year is The Blueberry Year.
I believe, that this is the first time I would say thank you for global warming. May and June and July in Estonia were amazing. Very warm, lot of sun. Real summer.
Did you know ? Estonia has the 2nd cleanest food in Europe (EFSA)
Berry Cake by Siiri
A fresh, light, berry cake
- 200 g quark. Look how to prepare quark by yourself
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 dl sugar ( or less, depending on your berries)
- little bit slat
- 2 dl flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder – ca 2 dl berries, blueberries, bilberries, rhubarb or sliced apples
- Beat eggs and add quark, cream and sugar. Mix together
- Add flour and baking powder
- Mix together.
- This dough is quite liquid, Pour it in to baking form, sprinkle over with berries.
- Bake at 175 C convection, for 30 minutes
Did you make this recipe?
I appreciate you so much!