With this food I will make a great tribute to our good neighbors Latvians. But this is a very good dish and I am from South-Estonia, what is almost Latvia:), so let it be in Estonian blog.
A delicious Latvian pork stroganoff
- ca 600 g pork sirloin, cut in to stripes
- 1 big fermented or marinated cucumber ,
- 1 big onion,
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 200 g sour-cream
- 1 tablespoon Adzika or capsicum sauce
- oil, salt
- Cut the meat to thick stripes. Heat oil, and fry until the pieces are lightly browned.
- add chopped onion, and fry slightly. Add ca 0,5 glass of hot water, cover with lid and let simmer ca 10 minute
- Add flour, stir carefully and add little by little ca 0,5 glass of hot water. Mix well
- Add sour cream, mix well. Add cucumber stripes.
Read more about Latvia on Ilze blog https://latvianmom.com/home/
Join Fiesta Friday #192 by adding your link. Don’t forget to link your post to FiestaFriday.net and the co-hosts’ blogs, so we can feature you. Your cohosts this week are Zeba @ Food For The Soul and Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook
Soundtrack . This song author is the most popular and famous ( for my generation) Latvian song-writer Raimond Pauls. Song about Kurzeme talking about this beautiful place. Vello Orumets ” Kurzeme”