The biggest and the hardest part of this case is to grate pumpkin. When this is done, it is the simplest recipe and dish to cook
Pumkin and Vermicelli Fritters
A light vegetable recipe perfect for a dinner.
- ca 500 g pumpkin
- ca 200 ml vermicelli
- ca 50 g hard cheese
- 1 egg
- Oil for cooking and for seasoning salt, pepper, ginger, nutmeg….
- Peel pumpkin and grate in to very fine stripes.
- Pour boiling water over vermicelli, mix and drain. (NB! you can use uncooked vermicelli as well. Then mix pasta with grated pumpkin and let swell. But cooked pasta gives better consistent.)
- Mix together grated cheese, pumpkin and vermicelli. Do this very carefully to avoid big pieces. Mass should be smooth
- Beat egg and add it little by little. Amount of egg depending on how juicy pumpkin you have. If mixture is too juicy and fluid, add some flour or starch
- Form 13 patties of the mixture.
- fry them in the heated skillet over medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Let mature in skillet under lid, while you are lay the table. You can bake these cakes in oven, as well (if you do not like oil). But for crispy result better to use skillet. Oven: Transfer the patties to a baking sheet and place in a heated 200C oven for 15 -20 minutes or until done.
Soundtrack Jäääär “Patune mõte”