Easters are over and you have too many boiled eggs ?
Lets make egg butter. And for better serving Sandwich Cake. Traditional Estonian Sandwich Cake is made from rye Bread (look for recipe), but you can use, of course, wheat bread. Because of Easters (and I believe, that as I, you have lot of hard-boiled eggs remaining :)), I used for decoration egg butter.
Depending on your taste, it is possible to make ham-based cake. Or vegetable spread based cake… anyway, choice is yours.
I divided the spreads and decorated Sandwich Cake with two filling.
6 slice of bread means in this recipe 3 layers, for more beautiful result remove bread crusts. If you going to eat cake soon, steep bread with milk or stock. If you have time to set, then steeping is not necessary. Butter gives enough moisture and juiciness.
Sandwich Cake. Võileivatort
A fresh, light Sandwich Cake for a dinner.
- 6 slice of bread
- 300 g filling
- 1 sliced tomato
- 50 g smoked salmon
- for decoration smoked salmon, greens
- for 150 g egg butter
- 2 hard-boiled eggs. Finely chopped
- 100 g room temperature soft butter
- mayonnaise, salt, pepper
- for 150 cream cheese filling
- 100 g cream cheese
- 50 g sour cream, spreadable consistent
- season with mayonnaise, lemon juice and chopped dill
- Take away ingredients for decoration
- Spread bread layers with spread, put between layers sliced salmon and tomato
NB! If you going to eat cake soon, steep bread with milk or stock. If you have time to set, then steeping is not necessary.
Soundtrack Birgit ” Ma tean, et sa tead”