You probably know this old joke.
Mother: why did you buy for child potato chips?!
Grandmother: But potato is vegetable and vegetables are healthy.
I present to you one nice healthy 🙂 vegetable casserole. Suitable as main dish or side dish.
A fresh, light vegetable casserole perfect for a dinner.
- ca 400 g cauliflower
- 2-3 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 egg
- 300 ml milk
- butter, oil
- crumb bread and/or grated cheese
- Preheat oven. Grease oven casserole by butter and sprinkle over crumb bread
- Chop cauliflower in to a smaller pieces.
- Heat some oil in to the pan, heat cauliflower in oil. Add ca 1/2 glass of hot water and let cauliflower to soften. Add salt
- Pour half of cauliflower in to the oven casserole
- Heat in to the oil chopped onion, garlic and tomato. Season with salt, pepper and herbs
- Pour tomato mix top of the cauliflower, and add remaining cauliflower in to the top.
- Beat egg and mix with milk. Pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle dish with crumb bread or grated cheese. Bake in the oven 180 C ca 30-40 minutes.
Soundtrack Karl-Erik Taukar ” Segased lood”